Friday, April 6, 2012

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Transactions, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.

I recently migrated a SQL Server 2000 Analysis Services database to SQL Server 2008 using the Migration Wizard. But when I tried to process the cubes on the migrated database, I was getting the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Transactions, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.


The weird thing is that when I test my data sources and data views, all the connections test without problems. I also checked my GAC, and I can plainly see that System.Transactions is installed.

After googling the error, I found that many people have encountered this error for various reasons. I tried the solutions that had worked for other people to no avail. I finally decided to uninstall the Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Backward Compatibility Package, and lo and behold, I'm now able to process all my cubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment